Software Solutions Web-based solutions for sharing information in community collaborations.
Multi-Share Health Coverage Building community based health coverage plans based on the multi-share concept pioneered in Muskegon Michigan through its Access Health program.
Health Coverage Consulting
Community Health Plans
CHV and the Muskegon Community Health Project have provided consulting services to many communities across the nation as they seek to develop affordable health coverage for the working uninsured. The model developed by the Muskegon Community Health Project is unique from other “three-share” insurance plans. The Multi-share health coverage model developed by Muskegon goes beyond the finance model of most three-share programs. The Muskegon model incorporates a collaborative community owned program featuring; successful case management, the coordinated delivery of healthcare, claims payment capability, and information sharing across medical silos. All of these features contribute to improved health outcomes, cost containment, and the sustainability of a remarkable transformational community partnership.
As consultants, CHV provides communities with technical support in the development of similar community-based models. These support services include:
- Strategic planning to convene the community and build public will for health coverage
- Due diligence research of state laws and regulations that could serve as barriers to multi-share health plans.
- The development of a comprehensive business plan to engage investors and partners in the design of a multi-share plan.
- Technical support in the implementation of the business plan, including the license to use the CHV case management software or the claims payment technology.
To learn more about the multi-share programs select from the following items: (files will open in a new window)
- The Employer Benefit Research Institute Study of Access Health of Muskegon
- “Communities Building Access Act” – House Bill 5171 of the 109th U.S. Congress
- Comparisons of community Multi-share programs and subsidized three-share insurance products